11/10/2017

Ballads of War 2x22-2x23

My painting queue is stagnated. Fortunately I haven't run out of comic pages yet (though I'm dangerously getting close to that point, yikes)



We have a deeper glimpse to the Dark Angels. People around me used to laugh at Sgt. Moustache, but hell if I care. My long-term plan included more sequences of him, particularly being promoted to the Deathwing Company due to his unquestioning loyalty, so the reader could know of the dark secrets this Chapter bears. It was meant to serve as a secondary narrative arc related to Cypher, so everything had a purpose in my mind.

What we can see for the moment is that the Dark Angels have some secrets of their own and they don't like to share; though remaining loyal to the Imperium, they certainly have their own agenda, and nobody, not even other fellow Space Marines, are to interfere.

Of course they don't give a shit about what's kept inside the mausoleum, they only care about Cypher. So apparently, if Cypher is moving (according to the Harlequin's proposal we saw last week), the green Marines begin to get nervous. They are able to depart away from this battlefield just as quick as they appeared in the first place. The hunt is on!

More stuff incoming! Previous stuff HERE :)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks my friend fr a next piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear... well good bye nameless Blood Angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One could see his face under the helmet...

      Delete
  3. Awesome love the librarian sections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A delicate character indeed, but I hope these few panels work as his bussiness card...

      Delete
  4. muy guapo
    a ver como sigue! ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! ¡Todavía queda intriga!

      Delete
  5. Ja! Tu no me engañas! Eres el Sargento Mostacho, que te conozco y se te da un aire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Jajaja! Me temo que él tiene mucho más pelo que yo... :C

      Delete
  6. I think it's a good idea for you to alternate btw comics and your painted minis. It provides variety and some readers might prefer one over the other. I myself am thinking of alternating btw three main topics i.e. Star Wars, Military AFV and Figures (which I have long neglected). If that takes off I hope to kickstart my drawings again. Phew ... imagine four blogs a week. LOL ... you know what they say about plans i.e. The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's right! Well, I like variety, at least within some parameters. I have eralier drawings on different subjects, but I begun posting these as they were WH40K themed, so it made some sense in the general context of the blog. Oh, how I miss drawing...
      I totally encourage you to take your pencils back! Your artwork is amazing, far beyond anything I've been capable of, I enjoy every bit you post!

      Delete
    2. You're too kind as always Suber. I too look forward to your work and it's never ever boring. :)

      Delete